2018 UNIVERSITY COMMENCEMENT CEREMONYSaturday, May 19, 2018
Save Mart Center 2650 E. Shaw Avenue, Fresno, CA
University Commencement Ceremony Timeline
- Doors open for guest seating: 8 a.m.
- Graduates arrive for line-up: 8 a.m.
- Processional starts: 9:30 a.m.
- Ceremony starts: 10 a.m.
NO REGISTRATION OR TICKETS REQUIRED for graduates and guests
Download: 2017 University Commencement Information Brochure (pdf)
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY INFORMATION
- There is NO REHEARSAL for this event; read the following information carefully.
- NO REGISTRATION OR TICKETS REQUIRED for graduates and guests
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL GRADUATION EXPERIENCE
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking down the Save Mart Center loading dock ramp.
- Leave all personal belongings - except regalia - with guests.
- Arrive at the loading dock with graduation robe in hand. Once admitted to the assembly area you will put on your robe.
- No open beverages or containers are allowed in assembly area; water is available throughout the line-up area.
- Celebrate your accomplishments with friends and family safely and responsibly. Sign the Safe Celebrating pledge online at http://bit.ly/FSSafeCelebrating
- Review the Commencement Expectations with your fellow graduates and guests.
|8-8:30 a.m.||Graduate Arrival||
|8:30-9:30 a.m.||Graduate Line-Up and Enering||
|9:30 a.m.||Graduate Processional||
- Arena doors open for guest seating at 8 a.m. Seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Guests may sit anywhere in the arena except on the floor and in lower section 103 (reserved for graduates). To select seats for best viewing, guests should confirm their graduate's College/School affiliation and reference the following seating chart
- Seating for guests in wheelchairs is available throughout the arena. Due to limited space, only one person is permitted to accompany a person in a wheelchair.
- Ushers will direct guests with difficulty climbing stairs to the northwest elevator to access seating areas from the arena floor. Following the ceremony, these guests may exit using the arena floor elevator.
- The first row of Section 111 is designated for guests with special hearing needs
- Graduates who have mobility concerns may use the elevator inside the northeast corner of the arena.
|NORTH SIDE||SOUTH SIDE||WEST SIDE|
Doctor of Nursing Program
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Kremen School of Education and Human Development
• Curriculum and Instruction
Lyles College of Engineering
• Civil and Geomatics Engineering
The Craig School of Business
College of Arts and Humanities
• Armenian Studies
Doctor of Educational Leadership Program
College of Science and Mathematics
Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
• Agricultural Business
College of Health and Human Services
• Communicative Disorders and Deaf Studies
College of Social Sciences
• Africana Studies
- Designate a meeting place for graduates and their guests outside the arena following the ceremonies. Guests are not permitted on the floor at any time.
- Graduates may not bring personal items including coats, purses, bags, backpacks into the arena. Please leave all belongings - except regalia - with guests.
- Save Mart Center restrictions. Do not bring:
- Beach balls, helium balloons, and projectiles
- Air horns
- Laser pointers
- Outside food, drinks, cans, bottles or containers of any kind
- Tobacco, drugs, alcohol
- Fireworks and weapons
- Additional Save Mart Center Visitor Information can be found at http://savemartcenter.com/visitor-information/
- Guests are welcome to take photographs from their seats throughout the event. Photographers from GradImages will be taking photos of graduates at the assembly area and will be available for purchase after the event.
- Diplomas will be mailed to student's permanent address.
Merchandise and Sales
- The concession stands in the arena will be open for water and soft drink purchases only.
- Flower bouquets and fresh leis will be for sale at merchandise sites throughout the arena.
- Alumni gear will also be available for sale in the atrium on Commencement day or at the Kennel Bookstore.
- For graduates, regalia items will be available for sale in the assembly area for last-minute needs.