EOP Mission Statement
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) serves as a primary vehicle for the CSU
in increasing the access, retention, and academic excellence of California's historically
underserved students (low income, first generation). This is in keeping with the spirit
and abides by the legislative intent that originally established the program in 1969
and maintaining the innovation inherent in the program.
1. Provide ACCESS opportunities for historically underserved students (low income, first generation) students by making higher education a possibility for prospective students with potential for academic excellence.
2. Provide ADVOCACY and education to address the needs of EOP students.
3. Provide a TRANSITIONAL experience that will empower students to better manage and navigate the college experience.
4. Provide SUPPORT SERVICES to facilitate student success.
5. Provide EOP GRANTS to eligible students, who should also receive the highest priority for financial aid resources available from the institution.