The Summer Bridge Program
Summer Bridge is a three-week program that supports the transition of first-time freshmen to the university. The program is designed to provide:
- An orientation-to-college experience that offers students information and tools to successfully navigate the campus,
- An opportunity to enhance math and English skill levels,
- Support systems and student advocates.
What happens in Summer Bridge?
- Students take a math and writing course designed to fulfill the Early Start requirement.
- Students who pass the Math Challenge Exam will receive 3 units of credit and complete the math remediation requirement.
- Students who pass the writing course will receive 3 units of credit
- Student will be a part of a learning academy where they will receive support from an instructor, a counselor, tutors and other peers.
Summer Bridge helps students:
- Become familiar with the campus
- Prepare to meet the demands of college life
- Understand academic expectations
- Meet other students, faculty and staff
- And much more!
How long is the 2016 Summer Bridge Program?
- Sunday, July 10th through Friday, July 29th