Educational Opportunity Grant (EOP)Page
What is EOP?
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) focuses on first-generation, historically
low-income students who demonstrate potential for success and are motivated to achieve
their educational goals. The EOP Grant is a state grant ONLY awarded to eligible EOP
All EOP students are assigned to counselors who provide academic and personal support throughout their undergraduate experience at California State University, Fresno. Services provided include academic advising, learning assistance and tutoring, financial aid information, career information, housing information, and personal counseling.
What are the qualifications?
To qualify for admission to California State University, Fresno through the Educational Opportunity Program, a student must:
- Be a California resident.
- Be an undergraduate student from a family with a history of low-income. Demonstrate potential for success and be motivated to achieve his or her educational goals.
- If a student's grades, test scores, and high school coursework do not meet the minimum requirements, special admission to the university may be offered by EOP. EOP also admits regularly admissible students with economic and educational support needs.
- Be a first-time applicant to the CSU system.
- EOP students transferring from another CSU campus are also eligible to apply.
How do I apply?
To apply for admission through EOP you must submit an EOP application in addition to the CSU Undergraduate Admission Application that is submitted to the Admissions Office. EOP accepts applications for the fall semester beginning October 1st. Deadline dates will vary, please contact the EOP office for deadline dates.
To apply to EOP, applicants must submit the following:
- EOP Applicant Information Form
- EOP Recommendation Form
- High school and/or community college transcripts or GED scores
If you will be a first time freshman, you must submit a copy of your high school transcript
showing grades at least through your junior year. If you have already graduated, you
must submit an official transcript showing graduation.
If you are a transfer student, you must submit an official copy of your college/university transcript.
All applicants must submit a CSU Undergraduate Admission Application to the Admissions Office by the campus deadline date.
EOP Applications can be obtained from the school counselors or any California State University campus. You can download the EOP Information and Application forms by clicking here: http://www.calstate.edu/apply/planning/PDFs/EOPBooklet.pdf If the link does not work, please type in the URL address and it should take you directly to the application.
The EOP home page can be found by clicking here: EOP