We provide the following services to high school and transfer students seeking to earn an undergraduate degree at Fresno State.
- We provide information about Fresno State's academic programs, student services and student life in order to help future students make an educated decision on attending our campus.
- We give a preview of our campus and facilities by offering group and individual/family campus tours.
- We provide one-on-one pre-admission advising sessions and help prospective students in their exploration of different pathways to Fresno State.
- We assist prospective students with academic major/program counseling so they are well informed and prepared as they enter the university.
- We are the liaison between prospective students and academic programs.
- We provide unofficial transcript evaluation at various stages of a prospective student's academic career to evaluate their progress for entry to the university.
- We help future students navigate the admission process and assist them with the completion of steps required to attend the university from the time they apply to the moment they enroll.
- We inform students by addressing the various questions they may have regarding financial aid, scholarship, required tests, eligibility and program requirements.
View the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management's mission vision and core values.
- Promote the Fresno State opportunity to communities within our region and beyond through visitations and other non-traditional recruitment strategies.
- Strengthen relationship with feeder schools through the ambassador program, frequent staff visitations, data sharing and counselor conferences.
- Attract and recruit diverse students as designated by the university’s initiatives.
- Strengthen relationship with academic colleges/schools using the school recruitment model.
- Implement new technologies to reach students beyond traditional methods.
- Provide quality and effective yield programs and activities such as Preview Day and other types of receptions to move students from applicants to enrollees.
Our ambassador program and professional staff provide the following services:
- Provide updates to counselors
- Fresno State information workshops
- Review transcripts for pre-admission qualification
- Admission workshops
- Application workshops
- Assist with scholarship application
- Assist with EOP and financial aid workshops
- Assist students with the completion of their application
- Assist students with next steps: EPT/ELM registration, accept admission, register/pay for Dog Days (new student orientation), register for Early Start Program
- Attend high school college fairs
Ambassadors are assigned to the following high schools:
- Central East
- Central West
- Clovis East
- Clovis North
- Clovis Online School
- Clovis West
- Erma Duncan
- El Diamante
- Fresno Christian
- Golden West
- Hanford West
- Hoover High
- Madera South
- McLane High
- Mission Oaks
- Mt. Whitney
- Orange Cove
- Sierra Pacific
- Tulare Union
- Tulare Western
- Washington Union
Our professional recruitment counselors service the following community colleges and their students:
- Fresno City College
- Clovis Community College
- Reedley College
- Madera Center
- Merced College
- Modesto Junior College
- College of the Sequoias
- West Hills Lemoore
- West Hills Coalinga
- Porterville College
- Allan Hancock College
- Hartnell College
|Christine Rotzingerfirstname.lastname@example.org||Office Manager|
|Rick Chaconemail@example.com||Senior Recruitment Counselor
Lyles College of Engineering
|Louise Pachecofirstname.lastname@example.org||Recruitment Counselor
College of Health & Human Services
|Jesse Fariasemail@example.com||Recruitment Counselor
Kremen School of Education & Human Development
College of Social Sciences
|Lian Vangfirstname.lastname@example.org||Recruitment Counselor
Craig School of Business
College of Arts & Humanities
|Michelle Perezemail@example.com||Recruitment Counselor
Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology
|Lynn Jaschkefirstname.lastname@example.org||Recruitment Counselor
College of Science and Mathematics
|Shur Leeemail@example.com||Recruitment Counselor
High School Ambassador Program