Record Adjustment Petition

The university recognizes that on rare occasions students will experience exceptional situations that prohibit them from completing some procedures in a timely manner. A student may petition for a record adjustment if a documented hardship occurred during the term for which the adjustment is requested, or in instances where the student will suffer a significant academic hardship if the request is not granted.

A Record Adjustment Petition must be filed within a maximum of six years from the last day of instruction of the term being petitioned.  No changes will be made to a student’s record once a degree has been granted.

The Record Adjustment Petition Committee meets weekly on Tuesday afternoons.  For questions or inquiries regarding your petition status, please contact the Registar’s Office at 559-278-2191.

For full process and instructions, review and print our Record Adjustment Petition form located on the University Registrar forms page.  All forms must be submitted after paying the $10 processing fee.  See form for more details.

Student Information Updates

If you are a current student here at Fresno State and you need to update your legal name, social security number, gender, or date of birth, please follow the process outlined below:

  • Fill out, print and sign the Student Information Update Form.
  • Bring the completed form and required documentation to the Student Services Center in the North Lobby of the Joyal Administration Building.

(Note: We do not accept faxed copies of requests or documents)

If you wish to update your contact information, such as phone, email, or address, you can do so by logging into your My Fresno State Student Portal.

If you are wanting to change your preferred name, click here.

For questions on updating your official student information, contact the Records Office at 559-278-4743.