Certification of Coursework Veterans

Service members, veterans and dependents who want to use their federal VA educational benefits while enrolled at Fresno State must submit a Veterans Enrollment Form each term of enrollment.

Note: Students receiving only the California Veterans Fee Waiver Program are NOT required to fill out the form.

Please follow these steps:

  1. Once registered in all your classes, fill out the Veterans Enrollment Form. All enrolled coursework must pertain to your declared major. 
  2. The completed Veterans Enrollment Form should be turned into the Veterans Services Office, located in the McLane Annex (between McLane hall and Engineering East).
  3. If you are receiving Financial Aid, please submit a copy of your award letter with your enrollment form.
  4. Veterans representatives will review coursework and determine continued eligibility.
  5. Any changes to enrollment (adds/drops/complete withdrawal) must be reported to the Veterans Services Office immediately at (559) 278-6036.
  6. It is each student's responsibility receiving benefits in the following chapters: 30, 1606 & 1607 to process their monthly enrollment verification either by phone at 877.823.2378 or online at http://benefits.va.gov/gibill/ GI Bill®

Fresno State Veterans Education Benefit Certifying Officials:

  • Robyn Gutierrez, Veterans Coordinator
  • Christy Gorden, Veterans Advisor
  • Laura Yager, University Registrar/Director of Veterans Services

Please call (559) 278-6036 for more information regarding our certification process.