Looking For Self Help - Check out the Technology Services Knowledge Base!
Technology Services understands some individuals may not actually need our call in or one on one support. As a research campus we understand some Faculty, Staff and students like finding solutions to common issues on their own.
The Knowledge Base system includes commonly found solutions to issues you may have related to; Campus Wifi, Email, Duo, and any hiccups you may encounter while working from home.
Please visit the Technology Services Knowledge Base Page, linked here.
Meeting Our Goals to Better Support You
The Technology Services team has been meeting our goals of higher levels of customer service, end-user satisfaction, accessible end-user self-help and higher levels of transparency. Your input in surveys has been extremely helpful in achieving our goals.
Below, you will find more detailed information regarding the ticketing system and the hands on support therein.
Please visit the Technology Services Support Page linked here.
- What Is It?
- TeamDynamix or TDX is our ticketing system used to track Projects as well as issues incidents
- With TDX we have/are addressing our Priority 5, Goal 3, in accordance with our TS strategic plan
- TDX has enabled Technology Services to better foster campus partnerships emphasizing a commitment to helpful and proactive service, transparency, responsiveness, and continuous improvement
- Please see video link for more info. "Video Here"
- Key Goals Using TDX:
- To improve our service delivery and customer service
- To communicate clearly the types of tools and services offered to the campus community
- To create and publish a comprehensive service catalog listing all the services offered and how to request or receive services
- To organize our list of services in a more intuitive and informative way
- To empower users to be more self-sufficient
- Key features include:
- A Service Catalog that provides information about each Service
- Customized forms to collect service-specific information
- Requests are assigned directly to the technicians responsible for providing services
- Enhanced reporting and analysis capability
- Self-service capability (see Knowledgebase below)
- Improved user interface and experience (UX)
- Ability to initiate a service request
- Ability to check on the status of your service request
- Knowledgebase (KB Articles) relating to IT Services
- Powerful search functionality
- Continued Growth:
- Expand our self-service knowledgebase
- Continue to expand the service offerings to better support you
- Publish support metrics for better transparency
Highlights of TeamDynamix Service Management
- Ticketing/Incident Tracking
- Configurable Workflow
- Change Management
- Asset Configuration
- Service Catalog/Knowledge Base
- Release Control
- Student/Faculty Portal
- Integrated Remote Access
Our new client portal contains our growing Service Catalog, which describes the services we offer and the ability to request those services online. The service catalog has transformed the way from a technology-oriented organization into a service-oriented organization and enables the organizational focus to shift from technology components to services that facilitate university outcomes.
Building a solid foundation based on ITIL standards
Our ongoing goal is to improve our service delivery following best practices that include the following:
- Categorize incidents and service requests by differentiating one from the other
- Establish clear criteria for triaging incoming requests to determine their urgency, set reasonable resolution targets and determine appropriate escalation protocols
- Provide outstanding customer service by promoting a culture of courteous service, which fosters better relationships and congruent expectations
- Hold IT accountable by using data to guide improvement strategies, spending time on projects rather than fighting fires, and fulfilling more service requests than incidents