Work for Technology Services
Technology Services hires students for a variety of positions across campus. Some positions require technical expertise but others don't have any specific prerequisite knowledge requirements.
Student Technology And Resource Specialists (STARS) are Fresno State students who work for Technology Services to provide technology assistance as needed across campus. Students who work as STARS are dispatched to offices and classrooms to troubleshoot and fix problems with computers, printers, classroom technology, etc. STARS may also assist Technology Services staff with tasks related to training, operations and networking.
- The Ideal Candidate has:
- A combination of excellent interpersonal communication skills and technology knowledge
- Compassion and empathy when working with members of the community who are having technical difficulties
- Interest in technology
STARS Positions available in the following Technology Services areas:
- Client Services
- Student Technician (CVS) Classroom Services
- DISCOVERe Hub
- Service Desk Technician
- Project Management Office
- Business Analyst
- Administrative Support
- Other Technology Services
- Intern Student Developer
- Digital Infrastructure - Student Assistant
- Department Student Technician
- Enterprise Application Student Assistant
- STARS Internships:
- Project Management Intern
- Technology Services DX/Marketing and Communications Intern
We offer training in technology and flexible hours available including week days, nights, and weekends. You can work around your class schedule. We also offer promotion opportunities and ways you can get involved to have a bigger role.
These job opportunities in Technology Services help STAR student assistants prepare and grow for their future technology careers.