Center for Faculty Excellence
The Center for Faculty Excellence team is providing remote support and training during this time.
CANVAS AND ZOOM SUPPORT
Join our Zoom Room through the link below to get assistance by the Academic Technology Resource Center (ATRC) Student Assistants and the Instructional Designers (IDs).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Faculty, if you need to schedule an appointment with an Instructional Designer for a longer discussion about pedagogy or your Canvas course, please fill out this form and we will schedule an appointment with you.
We will add more summer opportunities as they come up. Check back often!
1. 'REMOTE' the connected faculty summit
Virtual attendance July 13 - 14, 2020
Arizona State University is planning a free virtual conference to help faculty everywhere prepare for fall term under COVID. The talks will be available afterward for people who can't attend synchronously.
Register and view the agenda
2. INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, AND EQUITY RESOURCES
- Far-Reaching Consequences - The Supreme Court Decision
- #Resilience Network - relevant Virtual Conference July 13th and 14th (see 'REMOTE' under summer opportunities to register)
- Responding to Microaggressions in Online Learning Environments During a Pandemic
- Addressing Anti-Blackness on Campus: Implications for Educators and Institutions - June 24th at 2 pm
RESOURCES & ADDITIONAL HELP
CANVAS WORK ORDERS AND ADDITIONAL HELP
For Canvas work orders, fill out the Academic Technology Resource Center work order form or email email@example.com.
Do you have a student that has taken an incomplete this semester? Please fill out this form for their continued access to your Canvas course.
Canvas has many guides and videos to help you:
- Canvas Instructor Video Guides
- Canvas Instructor Guide
- Canvas Training Services Portal for even more training. Click on 'Training Services Portal' through the Canvas Help button for additional Canvas training.
Faculty Videos - By Faculty for Faculty (Fresno State Access only). These brief videos provide our faculty access to tutorials on topics that range from technology tools, teaching methodology, and assessment within the context of virtual teaching.
- Zoom Guide through CFE
- Zoom Videos
- Download and install the Zoom plugin here if you'd prefer to do it ahead of joining Zoom for the first time: https://zoom.us/download
RESPONDUS LOCKDOWN BROWSER AND MONITOR WEBINARS
Respondus is offering DAILY training webinars for Respondus Monitor and LockDown Browser. Webinars are being scheduled at least 7 days in advance and will be available at different times of the day. Instructors and staff can register for the webinars at: http://respondus.com/webinars.
The Center for Faculty Excellence provides faculty professional development, technology training, support and development of academic uses of technology.