Reading About Water 2016-17
Join us in a campus-wide program to read (and talk) about water! Use hashtag #ReadingAboutWater on social media.
Blue Mind: The Surprising Science That Shows How Being Near, In, On, or Under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do by Wallace J. Nichols, published by Little, Brown and Company, 2014.
Follow the author on Twitter.
- April 17, 2017, 4pm-5pm: Opening Reception for the Student Water Showcase--work by students in Reading About
Water courses. Third floor, north wing, Henry Madden Library. The Showcase will be
on display through May 5.
- April 18, 2017, 5pm: This year’s Keith Todd Distinguished Lecturer Claudia Faunt, a hydrologist for the U.S. Geological Survey, will share her work on modelling and sustaining groundwater in the Central Valley. Leon and Pete Peters Educational Center (in the Student Rec. Center).
- April 19, 10am-1pm: Fresno State Earth Day celebration. Memorial Garden, in front of the bookstore.
- April 22, 8am-12pm: Water-wise Plant Give and Take. Fresno State Horticulture Nursery, 3150 E. Barstow Ave. For full details see http://bit.ly/FS17-JC-plant-exchange-info
- April 25, 4pm-6pm: Reading About Water faculty/student panel discussion. Room 3212 in the Henry Madden Library.
- April 27, 2017, 6pm: Blue Mind Author Wallace J. Nichols will visit Fresno State and speak in the Leon and Pete Peters Educational Center (in the Student Rec. Center). Pizza and refreshments available starting at 5:30pm for the first 100 students.
- April 28, 2017, 6pm: The Friends of the Madden Library and the Central Valley Water Awareness Committee present Now What? Retaining Good Habits in a Wet Year with Gazebo Gardens CEO, Scott Miller. See full info and RSVP at https://library.fresnostate.edu/content/gazebo-gardens-talk
Information for participants in the Reading About Water Faculty Learning Community.
Our last Faculty Learning Community meeting for this semester is Thursday, Dec. 1, at 3pm in HML 2127.
Please include the book (info above) when submitting your textbook list to the bookstore!
Space has been reserved in the library for our Water Showcase, April 17-May 5. Will your students produce posters, displays, or other items that can go on exhibit? Please contact David Drexler.
Shortcut to this page: http://tinyurl.com/WaterReading16-17