Viticulture, Minor


Department of Viticulture and Enology

Minor in Viticulture

A Minor in Viticulture for a bachelor's degree requires 18 units of upper-division viticulture coursework including 6 units of specific course requirements, 12 units of upper-division
elective coursework and 10-16 units of preparative coursework.

Specific course requirements (6 units)
VIT 101 and VIT 102

Viticulture Electives (12 units)
A minimum of 12 units (selected in consultation with a department advisor) from the following:

These viticulture courses will require that students complete additional prerequisite coursework that may include the following: VIT 15, MEAG 3 or  MEAG 20 or MEAG 120, BIOL 11, BIOL 161 or PLANT 100, and CHEM 3A or CHEM 1A, CHEM 1AL, CHEM 1B, and CHEM 1BL


In their fields of specialization, faculty members hold advanced degrees from leading universities. They bring a wealth of basic and practical information into the classroom.  Faculty work with each student to plan and design an individualized program of study that meets the student’s educational and career objectives.  Faculty members are involved in research and public service through the Viticulture and Enology Research Center. The center offers excellent opportunities for students to gain experience by participating in applied research projects that address and help solve problems faced by California’s grape and wine industries.

For faculty phone numbers and e-mail, see the campus directory.

For more on the faculty, see the faculty pages.
The faculty pages are updated by the department or program.