Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT)
For full consideration, please apply no later than April 15, 2021
- Utilizing a variety of engaging clinical sites including NCAA Division I, Division II, secondary schools, along with a medical clinic
- Exciting real-life opportunities for students during extensive immersive clinical experiences
- Vast network of alumni working successfully within settings such as professional and collegiate sports, industrial/corporate settings, secondary schools, military, physical therapy clinics, and medical offices
- The low tuition and fee structure of the CSU combined with lower cost of living in the Central Valley results in a much more affordable education compared to most other MSAT programs
- Located in the San Joaquin Valley of California provides students a unique, diverse patient population with a rich cultural history
California State University, Fresno (Fresno State) will be seeking accreditation for our new Master's in Athletic Training (MSAT) program and is not accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The institution will be submitting a self-study to begin the accreditation process on July 1, 2021, with a projected accreditation date in spring 2022, with our first graduating class. Submission of the self-study and completion of a site visit does not guarantee that the program will become accredited. Students that graduate from the program prior to accreditation WILL NOT be eligible to sit for the credentialing examination for athletic trainers and will not be eligible for licensure in most states.
The accreditation process requires each institution to start the program and offer the courses once prior to having an official site visit. Upon completion of the successful site visit, all students who have been in the program during those two years will graduate from the accredited program and will be eligible to sit for the Board of Certification, Inc. Examination.
The Masters of Science in Athletic Training will be offered beginning Fall 2020. The Program will begin accepting applications for the Fall 2021 semester in October 2020. For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Facebook for up-to-date announcements and exciting news about our program.