Degrees and Programs
Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering includes the research, development, planning, design, construction, and maintenance associated with urban development, water supply, structures, energy generation and transmission, water treatment and disposal, and transportation systems. The Civil Engineering Program at Fresno State offers
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (B.S.C.E.) – ABET accredited
The B.S.C.E. provides board based civil engineering study and also allows students to concentrate in one or more areas of concentration: Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, and Transportation Engineering.
Changing Your Major to Civil Engineering?
Currently enrolled Fresno State students wishing to change their major to a BS in Civil Engineering, please note the following:
- Completion of MATH 75 (calculus I or equivalent), MATH 76 (calculus II or equivalent), PHYS 4A (or equivalent) with a grade of C (2.0) or better and an overall GPA of 2.50 are required for approval to change major.
- Interested student must inform Civil Engineering Program before submitting the Change of Major Form.
- Please submit completed Change of Major/Minor form to the University Registrar Service Windows, Student Services Center, Joyal Administration Building, North Lobby at Fresno State.
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (M.S.C.E.)
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (M.S.C.E.) – Water Resources and Environmental Engineering Option (WREE)
Please feel free to contact us about any of the programs and opportunities we offer.
Fayzul Pasha, Ph.D., PE
Civil Engineering Undergraduate Coordinator
William Wright, Ph.D., P.E.
Civil Engineering Graduate Program Coordinator
Civil Engineering Program Department
2320 E San Ramon Ave, MS EE94
Fresno, CA 93740-8010
The department main office is located at EE178 in Engineering East building. The office is open Monday - Friday, 8AM to 5PM PDT (closed 12-1PM).