Graduate Program Application Requirements
Two applications are required:
- Fresno State (apply at www.calstate.edu/apply)
- Kremen School
Applications may be submitted by:
Email - program application and supporting documents may be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. For letters of recommendation, your recommender may mail the letter and rubric to the address below, or email the letter and rubric to email@example.com. Please have your recommender put your name in the subject line. A copy of the rubric may be downloaded here. If you are mailing in your application packet, you may include your sealed letters of recommendation in your packet.
Mail - applications may be mailed to:Kremen School of Education and Human Development Center for Advising and Student Services Attn: Renee Petch 5005 N. Maple Ave. M/S 301 Fresno, CA 93740
The following describes in details the requirements for the Kremen School application.
Fall 2020 - CLOSED
Spring 2021 - Cal State Apply and program application deadline - October 1
MS, Marriage, Family and Child Counseling
Proof of Application to Fresno State
- Provide copy of Cal State Apply confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Minimum GPA of 3.0
Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 and higher will be given priority.
Complete a Statement of Purpose
Provide Three (3) Sealed Letters of Recommendation
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE)
as an undergraduate.
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please complete the Writing Competency Substitution form.
Complete Prerequisites from Fresno State with a "C" or better
It is recommended that these courses be completed or in progress prior to applying to the program. Please highlight the courses on your unofficial transcripts. These courses cannot be older than 10 years:
- COUN 174 OR PSYCH 174 - Introduction to Counseling
- COUN 176 - Counseling and Mental Health OR PSYCH 166 or 66 - Abnormal Psychology
- ERE 153 - Educational Statistics OR the following Fresno State equivalent courses: PSYCH 144 or 143, SWRK 171 or 176, SOC 125, DS 123, or HS 202
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please click on the forms below: