Self Defense System for Women (R.A.D.)
The R.A.D. system is dedicated to teaching women defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assault, by utilizing easy, effective and proven self defense tactics. This system of realistic defense will provide the woman with the knowledge to make an educated decision about resistance.
What is R.A.D.?
The Rape Aggression Defense System is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques. It is a comprehensive course for women that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training.
Courses are taught by Fresno State Police Department staff that are certified R.A.D. instructors.
- Enrollment limited to women
- 12 hour Basic Physical Defense Class
- Offered as a credit/no credit course through the university
- Open to the general public
- Must be at least 12 years old
- $15.00 Materials Fee
- No prior experience necessary
Included in the Course:
- The "risks" of personal safety
- Risk reduction strategies
- Basic principles of defense
- Offensive and defensive postures
- Defensive techniques
- Workbook/Reference manual
- Realistic Simulation Training (optional)
R.A.D. systems is the country's largest and fastest growing self defense program for women and children, with over 3,000 certified instructors and nearly 100,000 participants trained. Due to the sensitive nature of the class, it is offered to women only. The R.A.D. course is taught at over 350 colleges and universities across the United States and Canada, and is the only self defense program ever to be endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).
Because this is an International Alliance, a R.A.D. graduate from any class in the U.S. and Canada can attend any future class for practice, free of charge for the rest of her life!